Purpose of the Role:
- To work within the Customer Services team responding to customer enquiries regarding new & existing policies in an appropriate manner.
- To administer renewals within service standards.
- To issue documentation within service standards.
- To support the firm’s goals by demonstrating excellent customer service skills.
Knowledge & Experience:
- Educated to GCSE standard including Maths and English.
- Has undertaken (or is willing to undertake) relevant customer service and insurance training.
- Good keyboard skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office, email and internet.
- Excellent telephone manner, customer service skills and the ability to work under pressure.
- Effective communication skills.
- Ability to gather and analyse information from the customer.
- Ability to identify and match the products available with customer requirements.
- Ability to identify and respond appropriately to an individual customer’s level of understanding.
- Ability to persuade and influence others.
- Act in an honest and open manner at all times with both the customer and the firm in all matters.
- Have a customer focused approach.
- Ensure that business transactions are conducted in a way that is clear and straightforward.
- Act with integrity by demonstrating fairness and impartiality.
- Actively seek feedback from customers and report such feedback to the appropriate member of staff.
Accountability / Responsibilities:
- To take initial calls from customers regarding mid term adjustments and existing policy renewals, working within the guidelines provided at all times.
- To process and resolve customer requests in a polite and efficient manner.
- To comply at all times with the requirements of the firm’s own procedures, the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000 and FSA regulations.
- To be aware of, and to follow at all times, the firm’s policy on Treating Customers Fairly.
- To be aware of, and to follow at all times, the firm’s standards of ethical behavior.
- To maintain professional competence by complying at all times with the Training and Competence procedures of the firm.
- To maintain customer records accurately and securely, in accordance with firm’s own record keeping requirements and following data protection rules.
- To support the department in administration duties and complete all supporting documentation in a timely, accurate and compliant manner.
- To promote the company through charity, community and any other brand awareness events.
- Notify policy underwriters of any adjustments, calculate any premium changes and arrange remittance of premium refunds.
- To support the departmental Key Performance Indicators and sales targets as directed by the Personal Lines Manager.
- To undertake all other duties as reasonably required and directed.
Specific Key Tasks & Targets:
- To be specified as appropriate, in advance for each Performance Review Period.